Good Nutrition Starts Early…and You Can Help!

The Planning Council sponsors the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.  If you operate a childcare program, the Child and Adult Care Food Program helps you serve nutritious meals and snacks to children. With reimbursements and training, the CACFP makes quality childcare more affordable for many families.

This page includes various resources for current CACFP Providers, based on locality.


New CACFP Documents from The Planning Council:

The Planning Council wants to make sure you have all of the tools you need to process claims, schedule menus, and other important activities within the CACFP’s online software and required paperwork.

Follow the link below to access resources available on the KidKare Training website.

These downloadable documents are provided to help childcare providers in Virginia, Maryland and D.C. navigate through the CACFP easily and accurately.  Please click on the titles to view the documents.

Maryland Resources

Virginia Resources


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.